The enrolment process commences each year with an Information Evening for parents generally in May, this is in conjunction with the schools tours led by the students.
Parents are invited to complete the enrolment enquiry form located at this link:
Information pack including and Information book and online Enrolment Form will be sent via email once the Enrolment Enquiry is complete.
Prospective enrolments will be invited to follow the enrolment process discussed in the Enrolment page. Enrolment interviews normally take place in June. Please contact the school on 5447 7832 for any further information.
Thank you for considering St Monica's as your child's new school.
St Monica’s Catholic Primary School, Kangaroo Flat was founded in 1859 and after more than a century continues to offer the local community a comprehensive curriculum that supports and empowers its students to become independent, socially aware, lifelong learners.
At St Monica’s the wellbeing of our students is paramount. For students to be able to learn they need to feel safe and secure. We aim to create a warm environment where everyone feels that they belong. To that end the development of relationships between students and their teachers and students with each other is fundamental to our work. We want to develop self worth and confidence both pre-requisites for actively engaged learners.
We provide our students with opportunities to be immersed in new content across the curriculum and stimulate a lively curiosity about the world around them.We prepare our students for the challenges of everyday living by developing their skills in Numeracy and Literacy supporting them to problem solve and to think critically and creatively.
Our specialist programs support holistic education through The Arts- Visual Art and Music, Physical Education and Health as well as Indonesian language. Engagement is high in our choir and every second year we celebrate The Arts through an Art Show or Production.
All this is underpinned by a daily community of faith as we strive to support students in their spiritual understanding through prayer, Catholic traditions and stories.
Welcome to our school community where we explicitly learn to be safe, be friendly and be a learner through our School Wide Positive Behavior Support program and where our student graduate outcomes endeavour to develop students who:
- follow Christ in their care and respect for life, self, others and their environment,
- are able to develop and sustain relationships with a sense of justice and empathy for others,
- have the academic confidence to develop the skills and strategies to succeed in an ever changing society and
- follow their ideals with confidence and resilience.
I look forward to meeting you to discuss what our school has to offer your child. Our families love our school and I think you will too.
Fiona Dearn (Principal)
Enroling your child at St Monica's:
To complete a student's enrolment it is necessary to present your child's Birth Certificate, Baptism Certificate and Immunization Status Certificate. All enrolments are confirmed in writing after the application period.
To be eligible to begin school a child must turn 5 years of age before April 30 of the school commencement year.
The Enrolment Policy is available in the download section.
The following enrolment procedures have been adopted by St Monica's which are consistent with the procedures approved by the Board of CES Limited:
- An application for enrolment at this school must first be made by a parent/guardian of the child by completing an Application for Enrolment form which contains relevant information that will assist the school to make a provisional enrolment offer.
- The school will notify the parents/guardians in writing of a provisional enrolment offer. The provisional enrolment decision will be made by the school Principal after considering the school’s enrolment capacity.
- The parents/guardians are then required to accept this provisional enrolment offer by submitting a completed Offer of Enrolment: Request for Information form. This form contains additional information regarding a student’s specific health and other needs and information retained for the purposes of commonwealth and state funding and reporting obligations.
- This school will require parents/guardians and the child to attend an enrolment interview in order to determine what is in the best interest of a student and to discuss, if any, reasonable adjustments that can be made to accommodate a student enrolment.
- This school will then notify parents/guardians in writing of the final enrolment decision. For those children whose enrolment has been confirmed by the school, the school will provide an Official Acceptance of Enrolment & Enrolment Agreement and either provide or direct parents/guardians to relevant school policies and procedures so as to enable parents/guardians to make an informed enrolment decision.
- The enrolment of a student is deemed complete, when a completed and signed Official Acceptance of Enrolment & Enrolment Agreement has been received by the school.
- This school will confirm in writing receipt of the Official Acceptance of Enrolment & Enrolment Agreement.
Enrolments Commence Tuesday 26th April 2022
Enrolments Close Monday 6th June 2022
Transition Program for 2023 Preps
Monday 9th May 2022 at 6.30pm
What does a day in prep look like? Prep Rediness
School Open Week
Student Led Tours followed by Meet the Principal
Monday 16th - Friday 20th May- 9.15am until 11am
Or by appointment outside these times
Prep Transition and Parent Information Program Dates
Tuesday 22nd November 9.15am-10.30am
Tuesday 29th November 9.15am-10.30am
Session 3 TBC
First Week of Prep
Monday 30th January 2023
Wednesday- Prep Rest Days
February- 1st, 8th, 15th & 22nd
March- 1st & 8th
Handbooks for parents of children entering Catholic primary schools in Victoria provide parents with general information about what Catholic schools can offer children and their families, including the many aspects of the student’s school experience, some handy tips for managing the transition to primary school, homework and how parents can assist their child’s learning.