At St. Monica’s, Kangaroo Flat, we endeavor to develop students who:
- follow Christ in their care and respect for life, self, others and the environment.
- are able to develop and sustain relationships with a sense of justice and
empathy for others.
- have the academic confidence to develop the skills and strategies to succeed in an ever changing society.
- follow their ideals with confidence and resilience.
- Promote personal relationships with God
- Acknowledge and be proud of our Catholic heritage
- Provide a range of opportunities for students to connect with God/faith
- Strengthen our families' faith through involvement in the school and parish community
- Deepen our understanding of St Monica’s as a Catholic school in Kangaroo Flat, in light of our beginnings and our Mercy history.
- Provide an inclusive environment that encourages and promotes positive
behaviour and resilience
- Foster community engagement
- Shared responsibility of staff for the guidance of all students
- Create confident, caring and resilient learners
- Through community partnerships, an inclusive environment will be promoted
Learning and Teaching
- Provide students with the necessary academic and social skills, so they value
learning and are motivated to achieve their best
- Provide students with the skills to adapt to changes in their future education
- Promote academic excellence
- Foster shared responsibility for all students
- Engage staff in current learning and teaching practices
- Encourage students to become responsible for their learning and goal setting
- Provide a safe and challenging school learning environment
Stewardship of Resources
- Be responsible and accountable for ourselves, our school community and our
- Ensure that resources, including personnel, are well managed and sustainable.
- Establish a well budgeted Cyclical Maintenance Plan.
- Continue to investigate ICT across all school
- Develop confident communicators in the Leadership Team, teachers and
students who adapt to our changing society
- Explore different models of student leadership
- Develop a deeper understanding of shared leadership across the school.